Monday, February 4, 2008

The Boat

I know well that the mind

Ought not to be listened to

The senses ought not to be obeyed

Emotions ought not to be followed

But some times I can’t stop

They take me like a river would

take an orphan boat with it

Hitting against all the rocks on its way

Getting hurt as it is let loose

In the river of memory

And in its silent turbulence

Breaking me again and again

Knowing it is wrong

I can’t pull my self out

It's like a dream I can’t wake up from

And it goes on and on against my will

Like all my effort to forget

Is Undone in no time

The waves take me

Break me again and again

Wonder when ill reach the ocean

The calm ocean, the end

And be washed off all the memories

And bathe dry in the wash of the sun

No comments: